THE ARCHIVES

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The MODniks #1 - Cube Goes Mod


There's a lot to be annoyed with in this here comic- the Fashion Fascism, the pathetic attempt to have the main mod resemble John Lennon(with a boater?) and well, those are the main things as far as I'm concerned but I'm sure you can find some of your own. Little did they know who would win the Fashion Wars in the end. Reminds me of the time I went to my first "punk" club and some guy left the "mosh pit" long enough to run over and scream "Why aren't you dancing?!?" at me. I read once that Robert Crumb fought long and hard to perserve his dweebish look against hippies who suggested he get "hip" so girls would like him- fame fixed that problem, however. Anyway, the hecky-durn with "mod". "Enjoy!"...






Where's a vicious mob of chain-wielding Rockers when you need 'em?...

11 comments:

Andy 7 said...

Never saw this one before and wasn't aware it existed. Thanks!

KW said...

I do enjoy the artwork. i didn't know why you had ill feelings toward this until i actually read the words. haw haw! nauseating! bravo!

Mykal Banta said...

Prof.: Man does that fat, blonde kid need a good, old-school ass beating. Doesn't he know the cool kids only pretent to like him so that can make fun of him? -- Mykal

Anonymous said...

The thing that always irks me about these sort of comics is how the artist would never take the time to learn what an electric guitar and bass looked like. They always draw these supposedly hip and modern rockers performing on accoustic instruments.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

hah, i'm NOT the only guy to be bugged by that little detail!...

Biggie said...

Prof-Do have to take the comics apart to scan? If so,THANKS-great posts!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

the only time i had to do that was with "Christmas In Shacktown".

Mr. Karswell said...

Do you know if there were ever any actual MODniks records? I'm too lazy to google it myself.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

that's ok, i'm too lazy to tell you there were never any actual MODniks records. what bugs me is that there were also never any actual Impossibles records. seems ilke Multi-Man would've been into multi-tracking...

Mr. Karswell said...

I'm just glad there's a Cattanooga Cats record.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

you should be!

Related Posts with Thumbnails