THE ARCHIVES

Monday, March 8, 2010

Monster World #5 - Bride Of The Monster, Captain Company Ads


Nothing cheers me up quite like a good ol' monster magazine...

Cree-py! And would you believe, a ten-page synopsis of Bride Of The Monster?...











These ads called out to as children in a way that said(if we had only known how to interpret it), "Find some way to afford us now, because the desire to have us will never go away and you will end up paying through the blowhole for us when you're alllll grown-up!..."



Is that Fritz Leiber?...



I wonder if you could combine the Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist Laboratory with the Venus Fly Traps and grow giant ones? There's a lot of people in this neighborhood who walk up and down the street screaming at no one who might just accidently...
Now wasn't that the most?...

3 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Prof.: This made my day. A ten-page synopsis of Bride? I wouln't have believed it if I had not read it with my own eyes. And, it is a damn good synopsis to boot! Probably about twice the length of the actual shooting script. And those ads! You have outdone yourself with this one! I would cut off a finger if monster mags still looked like this. Now, they all seem, like comics, all graphic flash and no actual content. I mean, just look at this baby! Now that's content! -- Mykal

RecordCollector said...

Still enjoying your stuff Prof!!!

Albert

Christopher said...

he tampered in God's domain
..hours of safe spooky fun!"
loves those Ads..I remember all of them..I had a THING bank...and one of those 4.95 frankenstein masks from the top mask ad,that I got in a joke shop by the Disneyland hotel in the early 60s...

Related Posts with Thumbnails