THE ARCHIVES

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Show Time '67 Annual - Ed "Big Daddy" Roth, George Barris, Dean Jeffries & Others


In December of 1966 this touring auto show came to the Houston Colisseum. Although it is not featured in this catalog, the Batmobile was there also. I wanted to see it, and my father actually took me. My brother and mother were probably there too, but I don't remember for sure. I was 7. Just another treasured item I have managed to hang onto all these years. For more awesome Kustom Kar Kulture, check out The Magnetic Brain. For awesome Hot Rod & Surf music to go with all this stuff, check out The Black Sea Surfer.


















...

7 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Prof.: Oh, Lord! Ed "Big Daddy" Roth! As a kid, I collected a whole line of his characters cast in plastic - all those hands clutching impossibly high gear shifts. Hot Damn! There was always something nearly intimidating about his drawing (and style) that I loved. Thanks for the blast!

Christopher said...

love this kinda stuff..In addition to monster mags..Hot Rod and motorcycle magazines,especially Chopper,were my favorites.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

man like kool...

Anonymous said...

If your a Rat Fink fan you can watch "Big Daddy Roth" short film
Tales of the Rat Fink here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gys-6znFEC8

I saw many of the custom cars long ago in Chitown and funny cars.
The Crawling Eye~~O`

Mr. Karswell said...

Bad ass stuff!

I wonder if anyone still has (and wears) their loud flourescent custom airbrushed monster ROACH shirt?

Retro Hound said...

Very cool! It's great that you've kept this for all these years. I'm a hot rodder at heart. One of my sites is classicdragsters.com. I've got some photos of a Starbird show. I know it's not dragsters, but I love the wild customs also.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

you don't choose them, they choose you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails