THE ARCHIVES

Saturday, January 29, 2011

World Famous Creatures #1 (Slight Return)

Well, I been sick for a while and trying to get my strength back so I figure a good way to maybe do that is to post something. Too bad it has to be World Famous Creatures #1, a rip-off of Famous Monsters Of Filmland #1. You've always been curious to see inside this mag though, haven't you? It's pretty neat-o to look at, but to read it's a laff-a-minute. Put together by people who either didn't know or (most likely) didn't care, it's a riot of misinformation. Of course, if you had bought this fresh off the newstand when when you were little, little would you have cared...

I'll be posting the rest of the issue in trickles, when energy permits. Please have patience, please...



Hoo-Hah, indeed!

Weird, but...





That's all for today, goombye 'til next time!

5 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

My friend, patience is my middle name; particularly when getting posting excellence like this. I will always believe that first one - Leo G. Carrol in Tarantula, is one of the greatest makeup jobs in Hollywood history.

So nice to have you still out there, amigo.

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Glad to see you back Bro!!

Pappy said...

I actually did buy this off the stands when I was a kid...anything with monsters was very cool. But it wasn't Famous Monsters and didn't last very long as a magazine. I got rid of my copy very soon after buying it, so your scans gave me a nostalgia vibe.

Mr. Karswell said...

Never heard of this one... it's amazing to me how many different monster mags there were back in the day.

Welcome back Prof--- hope yer feeling better!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

thanx guys, i 'preciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails