THE ARCHIVES

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Famous Monsters Of Filmland #52 - Dark Shadows Volume One


Well, now that they have released every damn episode of Dark Shadows on dvd and I have a Netflix account, I've finally summoned up the courage to face the daunting task of watching every damn episode(yeah, right!). It's one way to spend time in October. I could never watch the show when it originally aired, because the music scared me so much I turned the TV off as soon as it came on, believe it or don't! I now make volume one of that music available to you, see bottom of post. The next three volumes will appear over the next three days as we spend some time with the weirdest soap opera ever...



Sorry your character is so dumb, Vicky baby!...


What was my next line?...

Breck Girl? Eck Girl!
"It's not my vault", SHEESH!...

Tomorrow- FM #59 & DS Vol. Two!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first issue of FM that I saw (and bought) was #68. Somehow I convinced my parents to give me the money to order four back issues, two of which were #52 and #59. Thanks for bringing back some fun memories!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

you're welcome!

Bad Ronald said...

What a blast, watching this show as an adult. As a kid, you're right, it was a fright to watch. It's still pretty creepy, if not downright fun to watch how cheap it all really was.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

it just kills me that Jonathan Frid, of all the other actors, had the most trouble remembering his lines! he's supposed to be the coolest character and he keeps, as he puts it, "going up"...

Christopher said...

ha..I had this FM issue too..
Dark Shadows was a big phenom in its day..The theme song used to creep me out and even at 3 in the afternoon with the sun shining outside..it was even scarier!

Related Posts with Thumbnails