THE ARCHIVES

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Son Of Frankenstein Filmbook, Part One


When I was flipping through Famous Monsters #52 during my Dark Shadows series of posts I ran across this great filmbook for Son Of Frankenstein, a film that is often on my mind and one which I plan to watch this season(I don't watch them every year- I don't want to burn out on them. Why I'm worried about this after having seen Teenagers From Outer Space and Monster Zero more times than I can count is silly, there's just something about Universal Horror and Halloween... ). One thing that really bugs me about this movie is the way it's always compared unfavorably to the first two James Whale-directed Frankenstein films. I'm not going to go on a long tirade about how ridiculous I think this practice is, I'm just going to show you these amazing stills so you can remember the film and wonder why anyone wouldn't think this film is incredibly entertaining and features some outstanding perfomances and certainly stands proud next to the first two, I don't care who directed it and whether Karloff is wearing a sheepskin vest or not. I love this movie and I don't love anything unless it's worthy of it. RARRRRRRRRRR!!!...








Look for part two of Son Of Frankenstein tomorrow! Now we are proud to make this special announcement! Who's we? Me and my cat Eulabelle, who is sleeping on my lap even now...
This Friday at midnight, more blogs than you can shake a lighted torch at will be participating in a celebration of something that's really worth celebrating, the release of Craig Yoe's new book, a collection of Dick Briefer's Frankenstein comics, representing both the funny and the frightening versions of his take on the immortal monster. Be there or be flared...

2 comments:

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

"Son" was like my favorite too, I just always liked the look of The Monster's makeup in this version!

Suzanne said...

I will be dvr'n this on TCM!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails