THE ARCHIVES

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Am Nostalgic (Purple) - Horror Monsters #7, Famous Original Mash Monsters Speak

In 1971 my family moved to a new subdivision, so new that our house was the last house on the block and there were only five houses. It was around this time I saw all the classic Universal monster films on the Channel 39 8:00 Monday(!)Night Movie. I also saw a 16mm print of Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein in the most incongruous situation, at the Meadows Community Center on a sunny Saturday afternoon with the sounds of screaming kids playing in the pool outside competing with Lou Costello's screaming inside. So for the sake of nostalgia, here's a(rather crappy-looking)A&CMF filmbook from Horror Monsters #7, followed by more childhood reveries...

I know I posted this Cult Of Horror ad before, but...

Sorry, couldn't resist!













The first copy of this I ordered from Captain Company came broken in two, so I had to wait 12-16 weeks total to get this record! You only have to wait a few minutes! This record actually scared me a little bit at the time...
The Monster Mash charted three times from 1962(#1)to 1973, the second being in 1970, which is when I first heard it. Finally, a record that spoke to the monster(rock 'n' roll)kid in me! I didn't get the lp until sometime later(my digital camera conked out before I could get a picture of the cover), but you get it now!...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails