THE ARCHIVES

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Monster Rally In Living Stereo - Hans Conried & Alice Pearce


Oops, well I didn't mean to skip October 1st without starting my Official Halloween Countdown(such as it is)but I did, go tell Hans about it! This is a remarkably clean version of Monster Rally from my own collection, an LP that's been shared umpteen-bazillion times already but now you can hear it with the faint whisper of my fingerprints on it. Four songs with Hans Conried(I love Hans but, eh...), four with "The Creatures"(who were probably used to backing whatever TV star was making a vanity record that week)and four with Alice Pearce, who sings two of the most frightening songs from my childhood, "Close The Door", about an overwhelming invasion of...(?), and "The Thing", which is no less than a tale of a demon riding your back to Hell and beyond. Listen to "The Invisible Man" and you tell me the woman in the lyric isn't completely insane and imagining imaginary boyfriends. This is a deeply disturbing record that should only be listened to for "Mostly Ghostly" and "The Dracula Trot", but you're not afraid, are you...?

4 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Prof.: The coolest vinyl in the world were the "Living Strereo" releases. The living stereo logo in and of itself was boss. This one had a Jack Davis cover into the bargain. Super cool.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

thanx, Mykal!

Mr. Karswell said...

Totally... I could stare at Jack Davis album art all day long!

KW said...

thanks for the post, Professor

Hope your Halloween is creepy

Related Posts with Thumbnails